During New York Fashion Week, designers, style, and seasonal trends take center stage. In the most recent Fall 2014 fashion week however, the most notable trends weren’t just reflected in the clothing, but in the latest and greatest technology. Today, the devices in our hands have become just as important as the fashion on our backs. Designers pair up with big name electronics to run limited edition products, and many brands have branched out to include tech accessories like ipad and iphone cases that reflect their signature look.
As bloggers, journalists, beauty editors, writers and more, we all know the importance of staying on the pulse of the business and the power of being connected to news as it happens. What functioned as a means to an end has transformed into a industry in itself, and being plugged in has never looked more stylish.
Below are ten of the latest tech accessories on our radar that fuse style and technology in a new, exciting way.
1. Limited Edition Chanel lipstick usb stick . Available at Etsy, $102.00
2. The ultimate blend of fashion and technology comes together in leather clutches from the revolutionary Everpurse.com. The clutches charge your phone wirelessly, on the go, ensuring that you never leave home without your style, or without a fully charged phone. In 2014 the company branches out with new shapes, styles, and advanced technology. Sign up for the 2014 line on their website.
3. Swarovski and Samsung teamed up for fashion week to blend communication and chic with Galaxy Note 3 crystal cases. They sell for $299 at the Swarovski retail store in Manhattan and come with a matching crystal studded bracelet.
4. Modstraps. This website delivers something that takes the ubiquitous blogger accessory, the camera, and kicks it up a notch. Various camera straps including polka dots, chevron, and sequins are interchangeable and offer a new way to jazz up one of your most important items. Prices range from $20 to $55 and are available on their website, and at Target.
5. Kate Spade ipad cover. Never one to skimp on fun prints and fashionable looks, Kate Spade offers a new collection of cases for your phone and tablet. This New York Times inspired cover fits most ipads and also functions as a stand for reading and watching video.
6. Laptop Decal. Available at Society 6, $30
7. Use your phone the old fashioned with way this antique style mobile phone handset for your Iphone or Ipad. Fits into most wireless providers. Available here for $15
8. So ingenious! This iphone case does double duty, not only looking like a coffee mug with handle, but also acts as a self standing dock for your phone. Available at Amazon, $25.
9. An all-in-one mobile air desk has slots for your laptop and phone, meaning you can multitask anywhere. It also negates that annoying question, when my laptop gets too hot, what I should I put it on? Add a cup holder, and you’ll never have to get up again. Available at Amazon, $98
10. 4 port colorful USB for your computer allows you to be plugged into various things, and adds some color to your life! Amazon, $19