1. Name: David Venter
2. Blog: DAVIDVENTER.NET
3. Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
4. Twitter handle: @davidventernet
5. What is your blog about: Personal Stuff, Entertainment, Fashion, Lifestyle, and various other topics. My aim is to share my life and thoughts on everything that I find interesting and entertaining.
6. Date Started Blogging: I’ve been blogging since 2005. However, this blog only dates back to February, 2007.
7. Day Job: Self employed Blogger, Digital Artist, Writer, Singer, and Seeker of Awesomeness.
8. Why did you decide to start a blog? It started off as a personal journal and grew from there. I never thought that I could actually turn it into a profession until companies started offering me money to blog about their products and services.
9. How did you choose your blog’s title? Due to my blog starting off as a personal journal it’s named after me, of course.
10. What do you like about blogging: I love being able to share my thoughts and interests with the world. Blogging is also a great way to make new friends and build professional connections with those who interact on the blog or provide feedback via the contact page or linked social network profiles.
11. Which blogging platform do you use? Why? WordPress is my tool of choice. No other blogging platform can provide the great customization that WordPress has to offer.
12. Biggest challenge when it comes to blogging: My biggest challenge has been keeping my blog updated with fresh and interesting content. This of course, is easy to achieve in the world of Fashion. But it’s very difficult to stand out from the crowd. There are literally millions of other Entertainment, Fashion and Lifestyle blogs out there, so it requires real hard work and dedication to stand out and get noticed.
13. Do you monetize your blog? My blog is currently my main source of income. I make use of Google AdSense and various affiliate marketing systems for ad placement. I also publish sponsored posts.
14. Biggest blogging achievements? My biggest achievement to date has been gaining enough interest in my blog in order to monetize it and turn it into a profession. I hope that it will continue to grow and that I will one day be featured amongst the “top bloggers” of the industry.
15. Worst blogging mistake you ever made? My worst blogging mistake has been; frequently changing my web address (URL). It’s a nightmare to get everyone and everything (Social networks, syndication feeds, ad agencies, etc.) re-connected and having to re-build a reputation from scratch each time. I won’t make that same mistake again. DAVIDVENTER.NET is here to stay.
16. What are your favorite blogs? For a list of my favorite blogs, please visit http://davidventer.net/links.
17. What type of camera do you use? I am currently using a 5MP smartphone camera until I can afford a good DSLR.
18. Something most people don’t know about you: I’m actually really shy and somewhat of a hermit, and I’m addicted to online gaming. I enjoy quiet nights in front of my computer, alone at home or in my hotel room.
19. Biggest talent: My ability to fly, teleport, read minds and become invisible. Just joking. I Wish! My biggest talent is probably my voice or my writing skills. I’m not entirely sure, to be honest.
20. Who is the one person you’d like to meet? I would love to meet Bryan Grey Yambao or Adam Gallagher.
Do you want to be iFabbo’s Blogger of the Month? Apply!