As the fashion and beauty world evolves, we wonder more now than ever how the blogosphere too will evolve and what it’s effect will be. With last night’s #ifabbotweetmeets discussion of the “Future of Blogging: Beauty and Fashion”, we gathered some very interesting insight.
Hello everyone and welcome to this week’s #ifabbotweetmeets!
Q1:Is the b/f blogging market over saturated?
- @BeingZhenya@ifabbo good question! Yes it is! #ifabbotweetmeets
- @lizlovesmakeup@ifabbo yes but everybody has something different to offer #ifabbotweetmeets
- @JezzDallas@ifabbo It’s definitely growing, that’s for sure! #iFabboTweetMeets
- @GlitteryGlossyThe b/f market is huge!!! But I think there is room for everyone because we are all different. @ifabbo #ifabbotweetmeets
Q2:How important are f/b blogger to the blogosphere overall and will it change?
- @JezzDallas @ifabbo Q2: I think u can blog bout everything. fashion & beauty happens to be loved by many. it will change… #ifabbotweetmeets
- @BeingZhenya @ifabbo important enough that people want to join in! And depending on your followers – rather influential! #ifabbotweetmeets
- @The_RachelRoss @ifabbo I think f/b are very influential and helpful, with infinite outfit ideas & beauty tutorials every one feels special #ifabbotweetmeets
- @DalaBoohThey are complimentary one can’t go without the other #ifabbotweetmeets
Q3:The pressure to stand out is constantly rising as the blogger community grows. How will that change?
- @BeingZhenya @ifabbo it’s important to be yourself! We all stand out in one way or another! #ifabbotweetmeets
- @The_RachelRoss @ifabbo I think it will only get worse are more and more people start blogging. #ifabbotweetmeets
- @GlitteryGlossy @ifabbo I think that bloggers will increasingly become less and less authentic. #ifabbotweetmeets
- @looksilove @ifabbo I think it will always be there, so like any business, you have to set yourself apart from the competition. #iFabboTweetMeets
- @ErinScandalousI think bloggers will have to do more to make their work look professional, be more vulnerable and transparent. @ifabbo #ifabbotweetmeets
Q4:What makes it so difficult to remain/become a better f/b blogger?
- @ErinScandalous I think it helps to look at your first few posts. Remember why you started and what it was like as a newbie. #ifabbotweetmeets @ifabbo
- @GlitteryGlossy Negative.Comments.From. Strangers. RT @ifabbo: Q4: What makes it so difficult to remain/become a better f/b blogger? #ifabbotweetmeets
- @BeingZhenya @ifabbo comparing yourself to others! So stop doing it everyone! #ifabbotweetmeets
- @The_RachelRoss @ifabbo competition. I think most bloggers get distracted by what others are doing #ifabbotweetmeets
- @lizlovesmakeup@ifabbo photo/video quality! #ifabbotweetmeets
- @PlasticDiariesI think the hardest thing about becoming one is finding your “unique” voice. It’s a journey of self discovery. #iFabboTweetMeets @ifabbo
Q5: Are bloggers going to be an essential part of company´s marketing strategies in the future?
- @GlitteryGlossy @ifabbo Definitely yes. Bloggers are smart, innovative, and influential. #ifabbotweetmeets
- @ErinScandalous Heck. Yes. RT @ifabbo: Q5: Are bloggers going to be an essential part of company´s marketing strategies in the future? #ifabbotweetmeets
- @BeingZhenya @ifabbo definitely! New jobs are being created daily! #ifabbotweetmeets
- @EstaFiestaPR@ifabbo Definitely! Bloggers are just as influential as traditional media #ifabbotweetmeets
- @p_kassie@ifabbo I think as bloggers feel we are a necessity but companies haven’t yet fully accepted us as full contributors. #iFabboTweetMeets
- @GlossyGlamblog @ifabbo Q5: I def. think so. What sells me on products lately is bloggers reviews! #ifabbotweetmeets
Q6: How will f/b blogging change as PR strategies continue to involve more bloggers/vloggers?
- @EstaFiestaPR @ifabbo A6. Probably less negative reviews. No one wants 2 bite the hand that feeds them #ifabbotweetmeets
- @EstaFiestaPR@ifabbo Also probably more bloggers actually profiting from blogging #ifabbotweetmeets
- @GlitteryGlossy @ifabbo I see bloggers making more money in the future #ifabbotweetmeets
- @lizlovesmakeup @ifabbo I see bloggers > vloggers #ifabbotweetmeets
- @p_kassie @ifabbo I think bloggers have given PR reps an entire new avenue to look into #iFabboTweetMeets
- @DalaBooh @ifabbo Well PR most of the time thinks that our services are free while they get money from the actual brands! #ifabbotweetmeets
- @Alice_Nappyland@ifabbo I see bloggers becoming major trend setters and influencing brands future projects #ifabbotweetmeets
Again, if it was not expressed enough, we thank all who participated in this week’s #ifabbotweetmeets as it was a great one!
Want more insight on the topic? Watch on demand the “Future of Fashion & Beauty in the Digital Space” panel video from our social media conference via PPV. Click here.