You have put a lot of time and effort into creating and designing your blog, writing posts, and uploading content. However, your work is not done yet. To get the most out of your posts and to drive traffic to your blog, you must promote it as much as you can. We will cover several ways that you can promote your blog (the majority are free). Treat this as a check-list and with a little work, you will get the most leverage out of your blog posts.
- Create an account on StumbleUpon.com and start stumbling your posts.
- Reddit.com is one of the most popular bookmarking sites, be on it.
- Submit each post to Digg.com so that they can be shared with others.
- Help others find your posts when you submit them to Delicious.com
- Being on Technorati.com is a must as it is the top search engine for blogs (even Google says so).
- Triberr.com is a great site to promote your newsest blog posts and get social shares from it.
- Add your recent posts to your personal and blog Facebook pages.
- Tweet about your latest posts at least once a day.
- Create a board on Pinterest for you to pin all of your posts to.
- Share your posts on Google+ for additional SEO perks.
- Instagram an image from your latest blog post to grab your followers attention and let them know that you have new content.
- Share on your LinkedIn profile and relevant groups.
- Bloglovin is becoming more popular as Google Reader is going away. Plus, they will drive traffic to you the more followers you have.
- Tumblr is a microblogging site that is perfect for sharing niche-based content.
- Empire Avenue combines social media and networking tools to help you drive network engagement to your blog.
- Quora.com is a question and answer based community. Perfect for your how-to posts.
- Add your latest blog posts and URL to your email signatures using WiseStamp.
- Add your blog posts to your email newsletters.
- Share your posts with people in groups or forums that you belong to. Have you submitted your post to be featured as our Favorites of the Week or to our Favorite SHOP Reviews?
- Submit your posts to RSS directories. Your published posts will be published on other blogs automatically.
On Other Blogs
- Comment on other relevant blogs. Be sure to include a link to your blog or include a link to a post.
- Ask influential bloggers to link to your posts.
- Guest blog on other relevant blogs to capture a new audience.
- Join a blogging community and exchange links with other bloggers.
- Use Google Keywords to promote your blogs via SEO. Their Keyword Tool helps you to search keywords and see how many people are searching for particular keywords and how competitive they are.
- Look in your Google Analytics to see how people are finding your blog now. If it is a specific post, you may want to revisit that topic.
- Add relevant keywords in your image “Alt” tags. Images can be searched for too.
- Link to other posts within your site. This helps to build authority for your posts and keeps your readers on your blog longer.
Have another great idea on how to promote your blog that we missed? Let us know in the comments.
Have you heard about the iFabbo Social Media Conference? Join us in San Francisco on October 12th, 2013, for an exclusive one-of-a-kind experience. Click here for more details!