As bloggers we take photos and lots of them and paying for photo storage is not always an option. If photo storage isn’t available through your web or blog host, no worries! Save your pennies. Here are five sites with free basic photo storage and editing features:
- Photobucket will host your images and let you edit them at no cost. After you exceed 2GB, you have the option to sign up for a Plus or a Pro account which will really maximize your space. You can also connect your devices to your Photobucket account by downloading apps so you can upload from anywhere!
- Flickr has free accounts where you can upload two videos and 300MB worth of photos each calendar month. You also have the option of upgrading to a Pro account for $24.95USD a year, which allows for unlimited photos and video – plus, view count and referrer statistics and ad-free browsing.
- Shutterfly offers unlimited secure photo storage for free! This site also offers many features including photo sharing as well as software and tools to make your pictures look great.
- Picasa Web Albums allows you to upload and share, all by using your Google account! 5GB of storage is yours for free. After that, it’s $2.49USD a month for 25GB or $4.99USD a month for 100GB. This storage space is also good for Google Drive.
- Imgur is a popular site used to share photos, but keep in mind that a basic account is limited to the most recent 225 images. Signing up for a Pro account ($23.95USD a year) will give you access to unlimited uploads.
But before you pay for separate picture storage, consider becoming self-hosted with your blog. When you pay to have your own dot com, you can store your photos easily and right there within your host. It’s simple to use, with the only down-side being that you’d have to edit in another program before you upload.
Where do you store the photos you use for your blog posts?