Coffee shops seem to be everywhere nowadays! They make a great second office of choice for entrepreneurs, students, and bloggers. Who wouldn’t love working in a coffee shop? You get free Wi-Fi, munch on yummy pastries, drink your favorite coffee beverages, and socialize with others. However, along with frequenting coffee shops come a few rules to always keep in mind.
- Buy an actual drink every hour or so, instead of water if you plan to stay for a while.
- If you move the furniture around, put it back where it belongs or do not move it in the first place.
- Use headphones so you do not disturb your neighbors.
- If you have to take calls, use your “inside” voice and try and keep the conversations short.
- Keep your belongings near by and share your table so others may sit/work next to you especially if the coffee shop gets busy.
- Always clean up after yourself.
- Tip well! If you plan to go to that specific coffee shop often, it pays to have the workers remember you for a much friendly service.
- Use your manners.
- Stay at the coffee shop for more than several hours without buying anything.
- Download large files since you are sharing the coffee shop’s bandwidth with others.
- Use your computer’s sound without having headphones hooked in.
- Don’t hog the power outlets.
- Bring outside food or drinks.
What are some of your coffee shop rules that we did not mention?