1. Name: Wasifa Ahmad
2. Blog: Sifa’s Corner
3. Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
4. Twitter handle: @wsf27
5. What is your blog about: Healthy lifestyle & Beauty. My blog is mixed with many health related topics, lifestyle tips, tutorials on makeup.
6. Date Started Blogging: October 2010
7. Day Job: Dental Surgeon, Freelance Makeup artist
8. Why did you decide to start a blog? I am a sufferer of Thoracic Outlet Syndrome which causes immense pain on your hands and shoulder. Around 2009-2010 I was having one of the worst time of my life, physically & mentally. Reading many inspirational blogs, I finally decided to “speak up” about my sufferings thinking that there will be at least a few people out there interested in reading my story. But gradually I came to realize there are more people out there than I can imagine who need my inspiration and positivity. Thus I started to share my medical, personal and professional experiences through my blog.
9. How did you choose your blog’s title? My blog was titled “The Other Side” at the very beginning and it featured only health related articles at that time. Later I expanded my blog and made it a whole lifestyle one, featuring health, beauty, food & nutrition, DIY tutorials, product reviews and fashion. To unify all these diverse qualities, I gave the final name “Sifa’s Corner”.
10. What do you like about blogging: I can reach people of all races, genders, ethnicities and beliefs through my blog. I feel blessed when my readers reach out to me saying how positively I am inspiring them!
11. Which blogging platform do you use? Why? I use Blogger because it is relatively easier for me to use. WordPress has its own benefits, but I don’t want to switch the platform.
12. Biggest challenge when it comes to blogging: Coming up with new ideas and keeping it fresh! Time management is also crucial. One more thing that I face challenging is to keep my personal style intact while satisfying the readers.
13. Do you monetize your blog? Yes.
14. Biggest blogging achievements? My everyday blog achievement is when readers mail me thanking about the articles I have written or how useful some of my at-home skin treatments are. My ultimate blogging achievement will be when Sifa’s Corner would get millions of readers and an international recognition.
15. Worst blogging mistake you ever made? At the early period of my blogging I hesitated to share my articles in social medias. If I would have started this little technique earlier, I would have gotten even more readers.
17. What type of camera do you use? I use Canon 600D for the detailed pictures and iPhone 4s.
18. Something most people don’t know about you: I am very shy to take my own pictures. But as it’s easier to do the step-by-step tutorials with my own face, I have to do it for my blog.
19. Biggest talent: I can voice my mind through my writing better than speaking aloud. Even if there are thousand things roaming in my mind, it all becomes clear when I start typing in my laptop.
20. Who is the one person you’d like to meet? OPRAH!!