1. Name: Michelle Miller
2. Blog: www.beautybesties.com
3. Location: Apple Valley, CA
4. Twitter handle: @beautybesties1
5. What is your blog about: Embracing beauty and fashion to feel your best.
6. Date Started Blogging: December 2010
7. Day Job: Human Resources / Occupational Health Analyst
8. Why did you decide to start a blog? I wanted to share my new found love of nail polish and makeup. I used to be a real tomboy, so this is all very exciting for me.
9. How did you choose your blog’s title? One of my BFF’s was the inspiration. She will always be one of my beauty besties no matter how far we are apart geographically.
10. What do you like about blogging: My favorite part is when people comment and they are thankful for the content I provided. It’s nice to know there are other people out there looking for the same things that I am.
11. Which blogging platform do you use? Why? I use HostGator and WordPress. It allowed me more opportunity to be more accessible to the World Wide Web.
12. Biggest challenge when it comes to blogging: The biggest challenge is not getting overwhelmed. I’m a mother, a wife, a daughter, a sister, an aunt – plus I am the sole supporter of my family with my day-time job, and I go to school full-time online. So it can be challenging trying to balance everything and keep everyone happy, including myself.
13. Do you monetize your blog? I tried affiliate programs for the past few months with no luck, but I know it will take some time to develop. I can be impatient because I’m a go-getter!
14. Biggest blogging achievements? My biggest blogging achievements was just seeing that people actually come visit my blog. It would be pretty cool to get an ad or an endorsement but I think it will happen organically if it is meant to be.
15. Worst blogging mistake you ever made? Worst mistake I ever made was not using spell check. I type really fast and can sometimes make grammatical mistakes. I’m much better and thorough now.
16. What are your favorite blogs? For nail polish: Let Them Have Polish and The Polishaholic. For make-up, I really enjoy Temptalia and Vampy Varnish; they were my first inspirations. Fashion wise, I love Penny Chic. She is exactly what the real woman needs.
17. What type of camera do you use? I used to use a point and shoot, but, ever since I got my iPhone, that is all I use now. With a well-lit room and some free collage apps, I can do more with my photos than before. Plus it is more convenient for me with my hectic schedule. I can edit photos on a lunch break or while my husband is driving.
18. Something most people don’t know about you: Most people don’t know that I’m 50% covered in tattoos. Sometimes I feel like I live a double life, because at work I am covered up from neck to toes and trust me – that is challenging to shop for. I used to work in the music business and play drums in an all-girl punk band. Now I work in Human Resources and am studying and working my way up to (hopefully) executive management in a health care organization. You never know where life is going to take you…
19. Biggest talent: Creativity. I get a lot of pull from friends and co-workers asking me how to word things, write things, or sell something.
20. Who is the one person you’d like to meet? I’ve already met most of the people I wanted to meet. I’m very thankful for the life I’ve lived and am excited for whatever is in my future.