1. Name: Brooke Pakulski
2. Blog: http://www.blushingnoir.com
3. Location: Pittsburgh, PA
4. Twitter handle: @BlushingNoir
5. What is your blog about: It’s mostly a beauty blog, but I drop in “all things beautiful” so I can incorporate some fashion and lifestyle as well.
6. Date Started Blogging: May 2009
7. Day Job: SAHM! [Editor's note: She's also an iFabbo intern!]
8. Why did you decide to start a blog? It actually began as a sort of mommy type blog, then I started taking horrible NOTD pics, and then found my niche in beauty where my skill and style began to evolve. Since becoming a SAHM I felt like I didn’t have anything that was really my own, so my blog became my passion.
9. How did you choose your blog’s title? I am so horribly uncreative when it comes to titles. Even though I technically didn‘t start out as beauty, I still love blush, so “Blushing” came from that … “Noir” pretty much goes with anything and sounds super fancy… so there you go, lol.
10. What do you like about blogging: It gives me the opportunity to connect with other people that have the same interests as me and on the same level. To other people who love beauty having hundreds of lipsticks is perfectly acceptable.
11. Which blogging platform do you use? Why? WordPress. Mostly because when I ran my blog on Blogger, I had nothing but problems, and Hostgator came highly recommended by other bloggers. Hostgator uses WordPress, so switching was a no brainer!
12. Biggest challenge when it comes to blogging: Getting out of a funk. I adore everything about being a blogger, but sometimes things will happen either online or in your personal life and you just need a day off. Sometimes I have things scheduled, sometimes I don’t. I try not to stress about that and just back away when I need to. I think that keeps me from being too overwhelmed.
13. Do you monetize your blog? Yes.
14. Biggest blogging achievements? The biggest blogging achievement to date was being chosen as a finalist for the 2012 Allure Magazine Beauty Blogger of the Year Awards, finishing in the top 10 and also being chosen as Most Buzzworthy. It got me my first magazine mention in the October 2012 issue of Allure. I also was the Too Faced Level 1 Beauty Blogger of the Month for January 2012.
15. Worst blogging mistake you’ve ever made? Hmmm *knock on wood* I can’t think of anything insanely horrible… Let’s hope it stays that way!
16. What are your favorite blogs? In terms of beauty, I love to check out Café Makeup, Beauty Look Book, Messy Wands, Vampy Varnish, and Pink Sith. As for fashion blogs, I like to check out Keiko Lynn and I’ve been recently introduced to Love Maegan. I just think she’s adorable and we have a similar style.
17. What type of camera do you use? A Canon PowerShot SX40 HS. No, I don’t know how to use it. I walked in and said show me something with good macro, isn’t confusing and won’t kill me financially. I’ve also always been a huge fan of Canon.
18. Something most people don’t know about you: I was a competitive baton twirler throughout high school and also a member of the University of Pittsburgh Golden Girls for my first year at college.
19. Biggest talent: Does being an enabler count? I can justify any purchase. Clearly that’s not just a talent, it’s an art form. #TeamEnable
20. Who is the one person you’d like to meet? I think it’d be really cool to hang out with Leslie Mann and Judd Apatow (yeah it said one person but they are husband and wife so it‘s like a team, right?). I think we’d all have a great time, probably too much of a great time!
You can be Blogger of the Month, too! Apply today!